Re: Use of Server 0.44 is qualification materials

From: Cameron Skinner (cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz)
Date: Thu 26 Feb 2004 - 19:27:09 GMT

> Since many teams may do not have time to convert their program to be
> compatible with the new 0.44 server before March 1st, I want to know
> whether it is neccessary to use 0.44 server in order to make the .log
> file to be submitted as qualification material ?

Version 0.44 is fully backward compatible with 0.43. The only changes are
to the generation of IDs (which are now randomised), the addition of
KA_HEAR_SAY and KA_HEAR_TELL messages (KA_HEAR is still sent, so people
can ignore KA_HEAR_SAY and KA_HEAR_TELL if they want to), and the change
of message length from 80 bytes to 256 (which is just a change in the
config file).

Cameron Skinner
The Black Sheep
Department of Computer Science