Re: RoboCup 2004 Rescue Simulation League Qualification

From: H. Levent AKIN (akin@boun.edu.tr)
Date: Thu 05 Feb 2004 - 15:43:49 GMT

Dear All

> Some questions about the Qualification,
>
> Which simulator do we use for qualification? Do we use the same as the
> RoboCup2003 competition (Package 0.43) with the rules of 2003, because
> I'm not sure the package for 2004 is ready yet?

0.44alpha the stable version http://ne.cs.uec.ac.jp/~koto/rescue/rescue-0_44-unix.tar.gz

will be used.

> An other question. Which situation do we use for qualification? On the
> web site they say to use the first game in Robocup 2003 (GIS: ARIAN,
> *poly: UVA). The problem is that there are a lot of files in the tar
> file that we can download. There are two folders with map description:
> Arian and SOS. So, I suppose we use the gis in the Arian folder, but
> where are the *poly of UVA. To be clearer would it be possible to put
> on the web site only the files we need. By doing this, every body will
> be sure to play on the right map. If I remember correctly, last year
> one or two teams played on the wrong map for the qualification. It
> would be nice this year to have only one tar file containning only the
> qualification map files to elliminate all confusion.

Actually, the Arian folder contains all the necessary files.
Nevertheless, these files now are on the website in a separate tar file:
http://robot.cmpe.boun.edu.tr/rescue2004/Qualification.html

> Thanks
>
> Sébastien Paquet
> Leader of DAMAS-Rescue
> http://www.damas.ift.ulaval.ca/projets/RobocupRescue/index.php

The website now contains the updated information. Thank you for pointing
these out.

Best Regards

--
H.Levent Akin                         []  To acquire knowledge and
Department of Computer Engineering    []  communicate it to others