Re: [rescue:5552] Re: Proposals for RoboCupRescue 2003 regulations

From: Yoshitaka Kuwata (kuwatay@nttdata.co.jp)
Date: Fri 18 Oct 2002 - 06:33:06 GMT

    Hi, Ranjit

    Indeed, I'm interested in standardized ACL on the following context.

    One small Japanese research group, including myself, is working for
    new framework with RoboCupRescue simulation system(RRSS), which is
    called "human-league." The basic idea of human-league is to involve
    humans as a part of simulation systems. Humans act agents in the
    framework, just like other agents. We can evaluate activities of
    humans as well as information systems that they use to make
    decisions. There are lots of realistic application for RRSS with
    humans.

    Clearly, we need to define standardized command-and-control (C2)
    protocol to the other agents. The protocol should include report
    forms from rescue teams, fire fighters, police forces, and so forth.
    It should also include command forms , such as "go to building xxx
    and search humans." Common ACL should be a basic part of the C2
    protocol.

    We have early draft version of C2 protocol specifications.
    (I think current draft is far from standard.)

    -Yoshi

    --
    Yoshitaka Kuwata; kuwatay@nttdata.co.jp