International Lisp Conference 2002 / Software Robot Competition

From: Raymond de Lacaze (delaray@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu 27 Jun 2002 - 01:29:01 GMT

Folks,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Association of Lisp Users (ALU).

Let me introduce myself. My name is Raymond de Lacaze. I am currently on the Board
of Directors of the Association of Lisp Users (ALU) and on the ANSI J13 Common Lisp
Committee. I have worked with Lisp & AI for about 18 years. I have worked for AI/Lisp-based
companies such as Blackboard Technology, Knowledge Technologies International & most
recently SRI International. I have a background in AI and I am currently an independant
consultant.

The ALU is organizing an International Lisp Conference in the San Francisco Bay Area
the last week of October 2002 (Oct. 28th-31st). This will be a four-day conference
multi-threaded in theme. The themes are Lisp & Functional Languages, Web Applications,
Robotics&Software Agents and Bioinformatics.

Please visit our website at: http://www.international-lisp-conference.org keeping in mind
that it is frequently being updated.

We will be dedicating an entire day to Robotics & Software Agents. Furthermore we are
planning on holding a software robot competition at the conference. I was thinking that
it would be a really good "match" to have a one or more of the simulation leagues hold
a competition on the Robotics day of the conference.

I have taken the liberty of attaching the official conference annoucement and call for
papers. I would be most grateful if you could forward it to your respective communities
and institutions.

I thank you in advance for any information and support you could provide in helping
organize this Software Robot Comepetition event and I look forward to hearing from
you.

Ray

Raymond de Lacaze
Conference Chairman