Re: Re: Re: Some rules-questions

From: Bilge Talaysum (talaysum@boun.edu.tr)
Date: Thu 25 Apr 2002 - 16:37:27 GMT

Hello everyone,

        Since it is pretty close to the competitions, it would be better
to use messages that are free in content. However if 12kkID format is
going to be used, I propose to have messages that have the format kkIDID,
with two slots for IDs. My resolution is as follows. Since the initial
positions of agents are not notified, if some agent reports
HELP_CIVILIAN 2347 for example, another agent who receives this message
most probably will not know the position of the civilian. I think a
message like HELP_CIVILIAN 2347 1902, where the second ID is the position
of the civilian will be most helpful. It is possible to use two 12kkID
messages and report the position of the civilian in a second message. But
I think saying 'Help civilian at 2347 building 1902 ' in one cycle is more
suitable than saying 'Help civilian 2347' 'Civilian position 1902'in two
cycles. There may also be other cases where two ID fields will be helpful.

Best regards to all,
Bilge Talaysum