Re: Re: Some rules-questions

From: takahashi_tomoichi (ttaka@isc.chubu.ac.jp)
Date: Fri 19 Apr 2002 - 11:10:24 GMT

Dear Silvain and participants to RoboCup2002;

        Thank you for your mail.

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 00:01:05 +0200,
Silvain van Weers <scamweer@pop.students.cs.uu.nl> said:

W> Hello everyone,

W> We are a team of students from Utrecht University (Netherlands) doing a
W> project on multi-agent planning concerning the roborescue simulation
W> league. We're planning for participation for the WC in 2003.
W> We're currently in the development process of agents, and regarding the
W> rules of the world championship 2002, we have a few questions concerning
W> communication between agents. However, because only rules for 2002 exist,
W> we believe some rules are tentative due to 2003. After some debates in our
W> team we came up with the following questions:

        Both rules for 2003 and software environments are open. We hope
        your team's contribution to discussion and development.

        I admit that rules for 2002 are not clear at followings you pointed
        out. Some of them are inlcuded last year's proposals from Emmanuel Koch
        and Ikuo Takeuchi.
         (cf. Mails related on rules from ML
           8.Dec.2 [Subject: Proposal to RC 2002 Rescue Simulation League]
              : Proposal E-mails
           http://kiyosu.isc.chubu.ac.jp/robocup/Rescue/2002memo/12_1_proposal.txt
           in RoboCup 2002 Rescue Simulation League Information HP.
           http://kiyosu.isc.chubu.ac.jp/robocup/Rescue/note2002.html )

        There has been no comment on Ikuo's proposals since then, so I think
        Ikuo's proposals are taken in rules for 2002 to clear what "simple
        sentences" are and related matters.

        If participants to RoboCup2002 have comments, please reply your idea
        to make rules for 2002 clear by this weekend.

        Thanks your cooperations in advance.

        Tomoichi Takahashi

W> 1. The rules state that communication between agents is allowed.
W> Communication will consist of "simple sentences". Are there any specifics
W> around these "simple sentences"? How complex may they be?
W> 2. Consider this following situation: All agents send report of a
W> noteworthy phenomenon to one particular agent and they it decides whether
W> or not to recieve it.
W> Thus hat agent is flooded." Is this type of flooding allowed?
W> 3. Are the AK_SAY and AK_TELL both counted for the Maximum of 4 messages,
W> or just the AK_TELL?
W> 4. "Is it possible to communicate from an agent to an agent directly (via
W> AK_TELL) without the existence of a center?
W> 5. What information of an ID may be retreived when an agent receives a
W> certain ID? May it for instance conclude of which type it is?
W> 6. Are agents allowed to remember they recieved but did not read a message?
W> if so, may they use that information for more than just the message
W> filtering code (i.e., the code deciding which 4 out of the n messages will
W> be read this turn).
W> 7. In the rules, when spoken of a 'team' what is meant? All agents on a
W> citymap from a certain brigade i.e. Fire ? Or just one agent
W> (Fire/Ambulance/Police) itself?
W> 8. When centers collapse is it allowed that a certain agent replaces the
W> functionality of the center?

W> Best regards,

W> Silvain van Weers

 Tomoichi TAKAHASHI, Dr. Eng.
        CHUBU UNIVERSITY
                1200 Matsumoto, Kasugai, AICHI, 487-8501 Japan
                E-mail: ttaka@isc.chubu.ac.jp
                homepage: http://kiyosu.isc.chubu.ac.jp/robocup/index.html