Re: [rescue:3212] Askign about connection of logviewer

From: Yoshitaka Kuwata (kuwatay@nttdata.co.jp)
Date: Tue 21 Nov 2000 - 04:49:57 GMT

Hi, Erwin

(1) Viewing log files

If you are trying logViewer with one of Unix machine or dos prompt on windows, try ether of the followings;

% java -Djava.class.path=logViewer.jar viewer.Map -f 422X.log ; application mode

% appletviewer log422X.html ; applet mode

In the first method, you can point your log file with command line parameter (-f).
In the second method, you need to edit 422X.html to point your log file.
Or, you can just drop 422X.html icon into Internet Explorer in Windows / Macintosh machine.

(2) Connecting the kernel

% java -Djava.class.path=logViewer.jar viewer.Map -h hostname -p portnumber

This mode will work only with application mode.

*CAUTION*
Never try to extract java archive file (logViwer.jar). This is one of very common mistake, I think.

I'm writing a detailed manual for logViewer. I'll post it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you should read
 'README.txt' file in the logViewer Archive.

-Yoshi

--
Yoshitaka Kuwata
Research Manager