Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Rescue Simulation outlook

From: Arash Rahimi <rahimi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:10:42 +0330

Dear Mohammad,

Thanks for the good points!

causes, these are the effects. We should have some plans in the rescue
> simulation for promoting this league.

The term 'planning' is defined as an exact scheduling and allocation
strategy for resources, i.e. human, budget, time, to accomplish a
specific goal. I'm afraid what we are lacking here is human resource.
Volunteer work never reaches a reasonable output unless there is
some committment and willingness in the people involved to do what
they are supposed to do to produce the desired output.

What soccer-sim-3D has and we don't have is what I've mentioned
above. In soccer-sim-3D community, there are researchers having
phD thesis and funded projects to work on and promote the league's
infrastructure. Do we have the same in our community? I'm afraid
the answer to this question is NO.

What I am currently seeing in the league is teams that want to
participate and win the competition somehow. And I am in doubt
whether the destination 'RoboCupRescue Simulation' is approaching
is important for [at least most of if not all of] them at all.

Please take a look at the help request sent by Cameron a few
weeks a go. Can you find any answers to it?

Regards,
Arash Rahimi