Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Rescue Simulation outlook

From: Omid AmirGhiasvand <omid.amirghiasvand_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:32:14 +0330

 Dear All,

 Just like Mr. Tavakoli, I think rescue simulation does not need new
protocols or new Kernel it needs new and better simulators. It is
absolutely necessary to discuss about it during this year competition and
make a clearer plan for the future of Rescue Simulation League!!! But for
now and this year competition as Mr. Gopal said, the point is that we need a
stable package for the competition.I do not disagree with using new package
(0.50), But the problem is that the package includes a lot of bugs, that
takes time to get fixed!!! In addition teams that are going to participate
the competition need at least 3 weeks to test their final code with bugs
fixed version of the package! Therefore according to the situation using new
package is too much risky and may cause serious trouble during the
competition.(If all known bugs fixed before the competition !!! What happen
if a new bug discover during the competition?)

yours faithfully,
Omid AmirGhiasavnd.

PS: I see everyone point but with all my respect, I think there are not any
major changes(e.g. changes in simulator behaviour or rules) in new
package (except channel base communication) that forced teams to spend a lot
of time to adopt their agents with new package. Channel base communication
is not so much complicated that causes serious change in agents
algorithm and it won't take 2 or 3 month, especially with the package that
did not work properly (The kernel just works for about 20 or 25 cycles even
during this period of time the misc simulator is not reliable, the problem
is not just about load/unload command!!!)

PS:RoboCup is completely different from Open Competition.