[robocup-rescue-s] Assistance required

From: Cameron Skinner <cam_at_cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:44:12 +1200

Hi everyone.

You may be aware that a number of bugs have been reported against
version 0.50 of the rescue simulation software. A couple of these are
fairly serious and need fixing immediately.

I am asking for the assistance of anyone in the RoboCup Rescue community
who thinks they could help with this task.

If you wish to contribute, please check out the latest version of the
software from subversion (run "svn checkout
https://roborescue.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/roborescue roborescue")
and make your changes against the main development trunk. Once you have
fixed a bug (or added a feature, or done whatever you feel is most
urgent) then please create a patch and use the sourceforge patch
tracking system to submit it.

Software development is not the only contribution you can make. There
are a number of tasks listed on the sourceforge project page, including
documentation and testing. If you have any other tasks you feel should
be included then please let me know. Filing bug reports (with a
demonstration of how to reproduce the bug, including sample code if
possible) is also a very useful contribution.

I strongly urge all of you to consider volunteering some of your time to
fix these bugs, and also to work on some of the other tasks listed on
the project website. This project is entirely run by volunteers
(including the TC and OC) and without your help we will not be able to
make the project as successful as it should be.

I also encourage you to use the roborescue-developers mailing list to
discuss development issues (you can sign up at
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/roborescue-developers), and
to register for the roborescue-bugs
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/roborescue-bugs) mailing
list if you want to receive notification when a bug is added or changed.
It's probably a good idea to send an email the the developers mailing
list when you start work on a bug, otherwise we might get two fixes for
the same problem.

Your contribution can be as small or as large as you like. Any
assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron Skinner.