Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Questions about Kernel 49.4

From: Cameron Skinner <cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Wed 03 May 2006 - 21:04:33 GMT

> 1. What are 'Stamina' and 'Ignition' properties? (I have found no reference in manual 1.0)

These are unused. They have always been there (at least since 2003 when
I started working on Robocup Rescue).

> 2. 'Building apexes' is being sent by the 49.4 kernel but it is absent in the documentations.

Please file a bug report if the documentation is incorrect.

> 3. How are damage and HP rounded? Is any other property being quantitized in this way?

They are rounded to the nearest 10 or 1000 respectively. They are the
only two properties that are rounded by the kernel.

> 4. The Cars_pass_to_head, humans_pass_to_head, pockets_to_turn_accross, etc, are being sent but with value zero. Are these meant for future versions?

See 1.

> 5. It seems that the new kernel pauses the simulation if we don't send any acts. Does this mean that our agents have more time?

The kernel waits for the simulators in lock-step, but agents have a
limited time to respond. If you find that the kernel is waiting for a
long time for agents to send commands then please file a bug report.

> 6. Finally, what changes should we expect for the Robocup 2006? For example one way roads, buildings with more than one entry, fire tempreature, wind direction...
> When
> will the official 2006 rules be published

There are basically no new features in 2006, apart from the rounding.
Most of the changes are for improved stability and design.

Cheers,
Cameron.

--
Cameron Skinner