Re: [rescue:4535] FiredObject's role

From: koto@takopen.cs.uec.ac.jp
Date: Tue 11 Sep 2001 - 01:05:28 GMT

Dear Fabrizio,

> 1) Can anyone tell me what's the role of the member
> variable "m_firedObjects" in RescueObjectPool ?

It keeps all of the buildings whose fieryness property is different from
the value of the previous step.

> 2) Please, look at this piece of code (in RescueSystem.cxx):

> Why does RescueSystem (at each simulation cycle)
> notify each agent of all FiredObjects Buildings
> placed OUT of his eyesight ?

The code was introduced in order to notify fires to agents.
Because of the poor performance of the simulation system, the eyesight
of the agents is only 10m. It is shorter than the real eyesight of fire
brigades, and it is too difficult to know which building is fired. The
notification of fires makes it easy.

Regards,
Tetsuhiko Koto
koto@takopen.cs.uec.ac.jp